Our Lawyers Handle All Types Of Medical Malpractice Cases
The Deratany Firm Has A Record Of Getting Results For Clients
Medical malpractice is negligence by a medical professional that does not meet a generally accepted standard of care and results in injury or death. But there are many types of medical malpractice and many types of medical professionals that can be held responsible for such incidents. If negligence by a medical professional left you injured, the medical malpractice lawyers at The Deratany Firm can help.
Medical malpractice can be a negligent act made by a medical professional during diagnosis, treatment or surgery. Or it could be something the medical professional should have done, but neglected to do. Some of the common types of medical malpractice cases we handle include:
- Failure to Diagnose and Treat Properly
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Surgical Mistakes
- Emergency Room Errors
- Medication Errors
- Wrong Test Performed
- Hospital Infections
Any party that provides medical care could be held responsible. This includes hospitals, doctors, nurses, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners and hospital support staff, among others.
If you were a victim of medical malpractice, our experienced attorneys can help you file a claim and pursue compensation for your injuries. These cases can be complicated and take time to resolve, but we are dedicated to helping you seek justice for what happened to you.
We stand by our clients every step of the way
Medical malpractice can take a tremendous toll on victims—physically, emotionally, mentally and financially. The attorneys at The Deratany Firm are passionate about helping victims. We are relentless litigators who won’t stop fighting until we reach a successful resolution in your case. In many cases, we can negotiate a settlement. But we are ready to fight for you in court.
In order for a medical malpractice claim to be successful, four elements have to be established:
- A duty of care – There needs to have been a relationship in which you were the patient and the other party was a medical professional responsible for your care.
- Breach of duty – The medical professional must have violated the duty of care while treating you. Our medical experts can describe the standard of care that would be expected under the circumstances. It must be shown that the medical professional did not meet those standards during your treatment.
- Causation – It must be proven that the breach of duty was a direct cause of your injury. The medical professional may try to claim that your injury was caused by something else. Our medical experts can help show a direct link between the professional’s negligence and your injury.
- Damages – You must be able to prove that you were actually injured. Damages can be economic, such as medical bills. They can also be non-economic, such as emotional distress.
We will conduct our own investigation into your case to look for signs of negligence. This includes reviewing medical records, talking to experts, doing a background check of the doctor or other medical professionals and interviewing witnesses. When we can establish all of the necessary elements in your case, we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
Contact The Deratany Firm to speak to an attorney who will fight for your rights. Call us at 800-529-7285 to set up a free case consultation.