The Deratany Firm represents individuals and groups who have been seriously injured by defective vehicle systems and components. Contact an experienced attorney todayif you or a loved one has been injured as a result of faulty vehicle systems or components for a complimentary consultation.
Because the safety devices and mechanical systems of motor vehicles can sometimes be defective, serious injuries are sometimes the result. Numerous vehicle parts can be faulty and cause injury or accidents.
Some of the motor vehicle parts and systems below can cause injuries that the manufacturer may be held liable for:
- Airbags — When airbags are unnecessarily set off or fail to when necessary, serious injury can result causing injury or death.
- Seat belts — Locking mechanisms on seat belts can cause injury if they fail during a crash.
- Rollover — SUVs, light trucks, and 15-passenger vans have a high center of gravity and are a higher risk of rollover accidents.
- Crushed roofs — Roofs can cause injury and death in rollover accidents if they are not up to standards.
- Steering — Steering can lock and power steering system sometimes fail
- Automobile fire — Gas tank designs sometimes do not meet federal crash standards and could cause car fires.
- Fuel tank and Fuel systems — Fuel tanks can explode during a collision if they are defective or poorly placed. Faulty fuel filler necks, and other fuel system components can lead fires.
- Head rest — Poorly designed or defective head rests are sometimes a factor in whiplash, neck or spine injury cases.
- Door latch — Defective door latches sometimes fail by opening or closing at the wrong time.
- LATCH child restraint system — ISOFIX is the international standard for attachment points for child safety seats in passenger cars. A similar system is also known as LATCH (“Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children”). Defects can cause child safety seats to become undone and cause injury.
- Tires — Tire defects can cause tread separation, blowouts, or vehicle rollovers.
- Seats — Seats can collapse forward or backward in accidents.
- Brakes — Defective brake lines, fluid leaks, and locking brakes can cause a safety hazard.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a Motor Vehicle Defect, contact an experienced auto defect attorney in Chicago or call the Deratany Firm at 312-857-7285 to set up a FREE consultation to discuss your legal options.
Click HERE to read more about Motor Vehicle Defect news and cases.